Monday, April 18, 2011

Time to go Camping!

I was thinking I'd like to go camping soon.  Just for a night or two, so I can wake up in the morning and make some camp coffee.  I usually make that on the coleman because I need coffee immediately, before I get a fire going.  Then I have a cup or two, while the fire starts to crack and take hold.  Then, while the birds are coming back to life and the sun is streaking through the pines, I set a frying pan of bacon over the fire.  Is there anything better in life than smelling bacon cook in the forest?  (Ok, maybe chicken frying while somebody is mowing hay or grass, now that's an awesome combo too).  But cooking up bacon while camping is an absolute favorite of mine. BUT, you need to make fried eggs and pancakes with that.  When all the guys and gals come back from fishing, you'll be ready for them!  I'm thinkin, let's head up to the White Mts., AZ.    ahhhhhhh  Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment